Formal Criteria & Eligibility Requirements
Admission Deadline: September 30th, 2021. We are continuously screening applications and are already admitting applicants.
Qualification Category I: Therapists
You can apply as a
- Medical doctor with training in psychotherapy
Upon completion of year one you will receive a Certificate in Integration Therapy and upon completion of year three a Certificate in Augmented Psychotherapy (Individual Breathwork, Ketamine, Psychedelics).
If you are still in the process of completing your psychotherapy training, you can join the APT program but will be eligible to receive your certifications upon completing your original therapeutic training.
Qualification Category II: Co-Therapists
You can apply as either a
- Medical doctor without psychotherapy training
- Clinical psychologist without psychotherapy training
- Family and couples therapist with academic qualification in a relevant field (minimum: BA/BSc)
- Psychological counselor/coach with academic qualification in a relevant field (minimum: BA/BSc)
- Complementary therapist (e.g. music-, body-, or art therapy; minimum: BA/BSc)
- Psychiatric nurse
- Social worker/addiction therapist
- Theologian with psychotherapy training
Upon completion of year one, you will receive a Certificate in Integration Counseling. Depending on your individual qualification you can apply for the Certificate in Integration Therapy.
Upon completion of year three, you will receive a Certificate as Co-Therapist in Augmented Psychotherapy. This certificate will qualify you to work in a therapeutic team under the supervision of a medical doctor or psychotherapist who has obtained the certification and is certified to apply breathwork, ketamine, and psychedelics in a psychotherapeutic process.
Applicants with a substantial background in psychological or psychotherapeutic treatment will be preferred in the selection process.
Required for certification: Equivalent to a police clearance certificate, not previously convicted for capital crimes or drug offenses.
Language level: English C1 or higher
Age: 25 +++
If you want to participate only in the first year you will receive the Certificate in Integration Therapy.
Personality-based selection criteria and process
After assessing your formal qualifications the selection process proceeds with a motivational letter, after which a maximum of two live interviews will determine whether you are suitable to participate in the APT training.
1. Motivational letter (max 2 pages)
- Why do I want to do APT?
- How would I introduce integration therapy and/or psychedelic therapy to a potential patient?
- What problematic aspects of psychedelic therapy do I see?
2. Short CV
3. Selection Interview
Eligible candidates will be invited for a selection interview.
3. Personal Inclusion criteria
- Demonstrable understanding of psychotherapeutic processes (through further training, case presentations, participation in psychotherapeutic treatments/teams)
- Understanding of the scientific method and ability to think critically
- Ability for self-reflection
- Ability to explain psychedelic therapy to third parties
- Risk awareness regarding problematic aspects of psychedelic therapy (overdose, patient-therapist relationship, guruism, pathological narcissm etc.)
- Understanding the legal and human complexity of psychedelic practice
- Respect for the need to create a legal psychedelic practice
4. Exclusion criteria
- Uncritical attitude towards ideas that can be evaluated as conspiracy theories, charlatanism or esotericism (e.g. orgone pyramids, chemtrails, cancer cures through Bach flowers)
- Illegal underground therapy practice or intention to establish one
- General rejection of conventional medicine (ideological opponents of vaccination, vehement rejection of psychotherapy)
- Political Extremism
Tuition for 3-year APT
Standard Price: Euro 7980.- per year
- GDP International Access: If you come from a country with a significantly lower GDP a reduction of 10-20% might be accessible
- Diversity Program: reduced costs on individual application
- Without accommodation: drinks, and snacks included for on-site weeks
- Quarterly payment: Euro 2.100.-
- Yearly payment: Euro 7.980.-
- Single payment: Euro 22.500.-
For considering your application a separate Euro 100 non-refundable application fee is charged
September 30th, 2021
Please use the following email to submit your requests: APT-training-requests (at) mind-foundation.org
The MIND Foundation is a European non-profit registered under German law (HRB 220247 B). Revenue from the MIND Academy cannot be extracted by individuals. It is fully used to support the public benefit purposes of the organization and reduce our dependence on donations for core activities – providing us and you with the opportunity to use donations for research and social projects.