The InSight 2019 is a public transdisciplinary conference on the science and practice of psychedelic states. We bring together international experts from the fields of medicine, neuroscience, psychotherapy, the social and political sciences, public health and policy making.
Our aim is to build on scientific evidence from the growing field of psychedelic research and integrate these results and developments into mainstream culture and science. InSight 2019 promotes an inclusive platform for discussion and cooperation between researchers, practitioners and the public. Our goal is to shape a rational and legal future for the application of psychedelic states in an open and democratic society. Among the special topics we will discuss are:
- Transdisciplinary science of understanding the psychedelic state
- Methodologies of psychedelic research
- Philosophy of the Mind and psychedelics
- Psychedelic-informed neuroscience of understanding the brain
- Practices of legal and professional use of psychedelics in psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Psilocybin-assisted treatment of depression
- MDMA-assisted treatment of trauma and alcoholism
- LSD-assisted psychotherapy with patients suffering from end-of-life diseases
- Palliative care and the psychedelic state (dying, death and compassionate use)
- Progress in the secular and rational understanding of spirituality and religion
- Ethics and coping with unethical practices in underground and ceremonial contexts
The conference formats include presentations and panel discussions as well as experiential and methodological workshops. We invite contributions and feedback by the conference participants and share this in round tables (a moderated participative discussion format that includes multiple civil society perspectives).
The reduced early bird tickets are available until 15. April 2019.